Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 29 September 2012

Osprey!

Linda & I snatched an hour walking round the Fen this afternoon: lots of Migrant Hawkers still, as well as the regular Kingfisher!
As we were walking along the river bank, we noticed a large, darkish raptor crossing over from Rockland: a quick 'grill' with the binoculars confirmed the bird to be a  juvenile (?) Osprey! Distant views only: if we'd've arrived half an hour later, we'd have seen it fly overhead!

In other 'news', I've decided to turn my back on Birdforum for good: for me the vocal minority seem increasingly to be taking over, to the detriment of the BF experience.  Following the personal attacks I received after my Sabines posting, I'd sort of decided to give it just one more go: today Lin & I were among dozens (including numerous vols) who watched a juv Osprey fly over the reserve. Foolishly, I thought I'd have a bit of fun by posting some 'alternative' photos on BF: predictably the usual crew dived in! It's not as if any of this crowd ever comment favourably on the good birds / inverts / plants I've found & photographed over the past year: they just seem to feel the need to be negative and critical....  So I'll let them get on with it and stick to this blog!




No comments: