Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 13 April 2013

Spring is sprung!

A 'window of opportunity' opened this morning, so I dragged on the boots and drove to Buckenham: I had intended to start at Strump, but there was an open day for beginners and children.....
OK: it was such a sunny day, I decided to give my Tamron 500mm mirror lens an airing. Tricky to use, but, in my opinion, worth the effort! Not much new at Buckenham: two Avocets, lots of Ruff and Redshank and a pair of Buzzards

So: Willow Warbler, Blackcap & Chiffchaff in abundance: the belt of woodland between Strump & Buck was full of all three! At Fen Hide, a Heron made hard work of a large frog, while a Snipe nestled among the dozing Teal: I nearly managed to photograph a Cetti's Warbler!.

The walk back to the car at Buck station provided good close views of a Buzzard, a pair of Treecreepers, and lots of butterflies, including these two Small Tortoiseshells.










No comments: