Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 26 March 2014

In support of Ben L and my favourite reserve...

On his excellent blog (see my list on the right) Ben reveals the hassle he and the RSPB have been getting from local landowners over the behaviour of some birders / photographers in relation to a Little Owl site near Strumpshaw. As unbelievable as it might seem, some people have been entering private property and even climbing the possible nest tree to obtain photos!!!! Now I've stopped for literally a couple of minutes and photo'ed a single owl from the end of the nearby lay-by and through the partially-open window of my car. I am utterly certain I didn't upset the LO, because it remained where it was when I drove away. However, I agree with Ben that, with nesting a possibility, enough is probably enough. If you know of the site, perhaps you'll take on board Ben's request that no-one else be told about it and, like me, undertake not to put the birds under any more pressure.

No comments: