Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 20 March 2015

Eclipsed!

One of those days when I should've put a bet on the National or bought a lottery ticket! I had to drop Linda off in Norwich, (her car is in the garage) so I took my birding gear and walked around Strumpshaw. I had no confidence that I'd connect with the eclipse, since the skies were completely clouded over...

However - despite the lack of cranes - I managed some pleasing photos of birds that are often hard to see at the Fen: Green Sandpiper, Cetti's Warbler and Little Owl being the best. I also saw a Kingfisher and a cute little Weasel (Unfortunately not taking a ride on a Green Woodpecker!)

As I was leaving at 9.25, I bumped into Liz who had been hoping to view the eclipse from Fen Hide: I hope she did, but the sky (though very dark!) was still eight oktas...

On a whim, I drove home via Lingwood: to my amazement, I saw a patch of light on the road ahead, so I screeched to a halt, jumped out and just had time for a few shots of the 14% crescent!

When I arrived home, another thin bit of cloud allowed a further couple of shots of the fatter crescent as the Moon pulled away from the Sun!










No comments: