Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 1 March 2015

Winter thrushes - at last! And a Swallow! But no RCPs....

Redwings & Fieldfares have been few and far between in the Yare Valley this winter, so a flock of 100+ right opposite McDonalds at Blofield was good to see! Quite difficult to photograph since the flock was mostly up-Sun, but I managed a few dodgy efforts.

From here, Linda and I moved on to Thorpe Marshes, where Pete Hasset had seen two pairs of Red-crested Pochard yesterday. Despite a good look round, we failed to find them, the only notable birds being four Oystercatchers and a very smart breeding-plumaged Cormorant.

As I was writing this, I looked from my office window to see a lone Swallow fly across the garden! St David's Day and all that!








No comments: