Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Strumpshaw Fen at its very best: Beardies, Bitterns and Kingfishers!

I'd arranged to meet Brian at the Fen nice and early, but he was held up and I found myself chatting with Trevor Hannant along the Sandy Wall. As we shot the breeze an Osprey flew over the woods being mobbed by corvids: too low (and I was too slow!) for a photo, sadly...

About nine-fifteen Brian turned up just in time to join Trevor, Nick Appleton and me enjoying close views of a group of 14 - 20 Bearded Tits. As we filled our SD cards, a Bittern skated across the top of the reeds and I noticed a small Acro: Reed Warbler? Seems late...

Brian and I being short on time, we decided on a move along to Tower Hide: a good decision, since a Kingfisher posed briefly on the 'Tern Twigs' and another Bittern (a different one!) flew from left to right. A great little session!













No comments: