Thursday, 21 January 2016

Halvergate

On the way back from the hairdresser's I stopped off at Halvergate Marshes to check for SEOs and RLBs - neither was in evidence while I was there... 

But what a lovely place: I never grow tired of the wide horizons, ancient mills and windpumps and susurrating reeds. In the past I've enjoyed some terrific walks, both alone and with a friend, and seen or found some excellent birds.

Nothing particular unusual today, other than a melanistic Pink-footed Goose and a green-tagged Marsh Harrier (PC?) but still: a tonic for the soul!
 








4 comments:

Jim said...

Nice pics David. I love Halvergate, it's been a quiet winter there but I never come away disappointed.

David said...

Thanks Jim! Yes, it's a beautiful part of the Yare Valley...

chris said...

Hi David. That last pic. That is Muttons mill is it not? met the two guys who were restoring that some years ago now I think in the 80s. Got some photo's some place looks good now

David said...

Hi Chris!
Didn't know its name: I used to teach a family called Mutton at Acle... Wonder if their ancestors owned it once?