Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Garganey and Garden Warbler: a few decent birds on the patch.

The usual meet-up with Brian T and Brian S wasn't very promising: it was cold and very few birds were singing at 7.00am. Still, we persevered and picked up Cuckoo and Kingfisher from Fen Hide and a few expected migrants along the river bank: Common Tern, Garden Warbler and Blackcap being the 'highlights'. No waders (nor much else!) from Tower Hide, so we returned to Reception in time to glimpse a perched Hobby. A pair of visiting birders had just enjoyed close views of a Ring Ouzel at Buckenham, so I said my goodbyes and headed eastwards. No sign of the Ouzel, but I did finally connect with a pair of Garganey: most gratifying, although it did make me wish my two best cameras weren't in for repairs!

(Many thanks to Steve Smith for identifying the gull as a 1CY Great Black-backed: it was a very striking bird!)











No comments: