Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Odds and ends at Ormesby, but no Lesser Emperor

I've managed to connect with Lesser Emperor three or four years in a row, and, since I had an hour spare, I thought I'd have a look at the regular spots at Ormesby and Filby Broads. Despite a diligent search I wasn't fortunate on this occasion, but there was still lots to see: Kingfisher, Hobby, Cuckoo, Garden Warbler and Common Tern were the bird highlights.

Lots of damselflies: the most abundant species were Blue-tailed (including quite a few rufescens) and Red-eyed. Plenty of Hairies and Four-spots. as well as a curious wasp of some sort that, when I first saw if from a distance, I hoped might be a clearwing! The small fish looks like a young Chub: didn't know they were to be found in the Trinity Broads...











No comments: