Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Identified Flying Objects!

While Linda and I were birding recently, a well-known photographer asked if I ever photographed aircraft: the answer is most definitely yes!

In addition to Spacerocks UK, until recently we ran 'The Space Station', a very successful  business dealing in framed aviation and space memorabilia. From licensed excavators I obtained authentic items from a vast range of aircraft from WW1 right up to the Shuttle. These I framed in hand-made glass-fronted box frames and sold online and at various airshows and other events. For years we attended all the big shows: Biggin Hill, Duxford, Mildenhall, Shuttleworth and Waddington, to name but a few! Over time Linda and I got to know many famous aviators, astronauts and cosmonauts - some quite well: I supplied the private collections and museums of several of them! I think our big selling point was that every piece was thoroughly researched and guaranteed not to originate from a fatal incident.

We finally called it a day in 2016, but have many happy memories, not just of the many friends we made, but also of the amazing aircraft we saw over the years.

















No comments: