Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 19 June 2019

Never too old to rock and roll!

Last night, online ads for a terrific-sounding gig appeared on Facebook. Now, no decent bands ever come to Norwich (last I saw were the Georgia Satellites!) so I was astonished to find that the 'Music of Cream' are actually going to be at Epic Studios, Madgalen Street. I had to control my excitement, because tickets didn't go on sale until this morning: it's a somewhat bijou venue, and is sure to sell out quickly. Fortunately I managed to buy two tickets and can't wait! Of course, it won't be the original super group trio, but it will be Jack and Ginger's sons and Eric's nephew!

Cream, as you may have realised from various past posts, are among my all-time favourites: Badge, Crossroads and Sunshine of your Love are all numbers I like playing at jams...

While we're on the subject: it's never been a better time to be an old guitarist. Now I'm semi-retired, I have the time to learn how to play some of my favourite guitar riffs: they're all on YouTube! I've just mastered Rock and Roll, Kashmir and Stairway by Zeppelin and Purple Haze and Can you Hear Me? by Jimi!

No comments: