Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 6 October 2019

Pinkfeet and floods on the Heath!

When Linda and I woke up this morning (following a very successful quiz evening in Norwich with Sue and Peter) we found that it was raining torrentially. The time now is 16.15 and it hasn't stopped yet!

Today was supposed to be the fortnightly jam session at Acle - something I look forward to immensely. Accordingly, I made the effort, but discovered that both ends of the village and all the back roads through Pedham were under several feet of water. Since I don't have a 4 x 4, I decided discretion was the better part of valour and returned home. A glance online revealed that Tim had called off the jam and that road conditions were severe and expected to worsen...

Funnily enough, we had lots of interesting visitors to (and above) the garden this afternoon, although the only ones I managed a photo of were a flock of Pinkfooted Geese. The other 'goodies' included Bullfinch, Sparrowhawk and Great Spotted Woodpecker. Pleasingly, Linda's trail-cam revealed that a large Hedgehog is using our 'hotel' and feeding station: it's only been there a week or so!


 

No comments: