Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Highlights of the year, 2019

It's been a little problematical picking out just one bird each month: there were several spells when scarce or interesting species overlapped. However, I've more or less kept my selection to local birds and, in a few cases, individuals I actually found for myself!

January: Black-bellied Dipper at Ebridge Mill

February: Tawny Owl at North Elmham

Green-winged Teal, Herringfleet

Lesser White-fronted Goose at Potter Heigham

Pair of Black-winged Stilts I found at North Point, Wells

Lesser Grey Shrike, Horsey. (With a Red-backed nearby!)

July: I found this Purple Heron at Titchwell

A juvenile Cuckoo in my garden!

One of three (hybrid) Ruddy Shelducks I found in 2019

Shorelark at Lowestoft

November: an Arctic Skua at Cley

The long-staying Isabelline Wheatear we saw the same day

One of three Cattle Egrets I found in 2019

Blue-headed Eastern Yellow Wagtail at Sedgeford

No comments: