Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 19 May 2020

At last: Lightning strikes the Heath!

As an ex Naval aviator and one-time dealer in aviation memorabilia, I take a keen interest in aircraft of all types. Exhibiting (as we did for fifteen years) at airshows such as Duxford, the Shuttleworth Collection, Mildenhall and Biggin Hill amongst others, Linda and I have been fortunate in being up close and personal with aircraft from the First World War right up to the B2 bomber and F117 Stealth Fighter. Somehow the UK's newest hi-tech aeroplane - despite being based at RAF Marham - has managed to elude me: until today! I was in the kitchen, making an asparagus risotto, when I heard an unfamiliar engine note: grabbing a camera, I rushed out in time to snatch three photos of an F-35 Lightning in RAF colours.



No comments: