Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 9 May 2020

Saturday walk: the little birds are getting skulky!

Back to my regular (and favourite) walk: past the Church, up to the small Fen on the other side of the hill. The hedgerow leading down towards the Alpaca farm held at least four singing Lesser Whitethroats (in total I heard ten or so!) I reckon this is shaping up to be a record year for them locally. Other birds included Garden Warbler (3) Blackcap (10+) Whitethroat (6) Yellowhammer (5) and a lone Sedge Warbler at the Fen: this has the honour to be the first on my 'proper' patch! Several Buzzards and Kestrels, but still no Hobby, despite the good number of Swifts. The two Four-spotted Chasers I saw bring my odonatid lockdown species list to 3!

One little irritation: as I passed the Church on my way home, two cars pulled up, disgorging two young families and two dogs. They rushed together for hugs etc before joining an older couple in the churchyard for a picnic! I give up...








No comments: