Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 13 September 2020

Really missing my music...

I've played and sung in bands since I was fifteen (that, I'm afraid to say, is fifty five years ago!)
My good friend Garth, a few muso mates and I were on the verge of going out to play live gigs again, when C-19 reared its ugly head. Garth had bought new PA, foldback and mixer and I'd added new amps, guitars and mikes to my stockpile. Now we're in limbo: just when lockdown began to ease, a small percentage of selfish people who just had to get together with large groups of their 'mates' seem to have brought about another wave of infection.

All we can do is try to stay sharp with daily practice and work separately on new sets: not ideal - there's nothing like the synergy you get from playing with a group of musicians. Here's a short clip of yours truly working out intro and solos for the blues standard 'Redhouse' on an old Telecaster.


No comments: