Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 27 February 2021

Siskins in the sunshine!

Having dropped off a couple of parcels at our local post office, I decided to carry on walking the circular route that leads past the little irrigation reservoir at Pedham. Not much about until I reached Pedham Green, where a roadside Alder held three Siskins: I haven't seen this species since before lockdown last year, so they were very welcome!

Carrying on around to the reservoir and sluice, I quickly added Nuthatch, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Mistle Thrush, Cormorant and at least eight Buzzards to the day list. Among these was the spectacular male that often displays over our house.

The reservoir itself held another 'lockdown tick': a pair of Tufted Ducks! Last pleasant surprise was an uber-cute Muntjac right by the sluice. As I returned home, I met Peter and Sue off on their morning walk: I hope they saw as many species, if not more!













No comments: