Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 2 January 2013

I don't really keep a list, but....

No really: I don't!

But just out of curiosity, I added up the birds I saw on the patch (Blofield Heath south to the Yare) this year: I was surprised to see this totalled 197 species!
Including a couple Linda and I saw before we picked up Martin & Kerry, I reckon our New Year's Day 2013  total was 95 species: we could easily have hit 120 if we'd really gone for it, having missed tons of common stuff.

No additions to the life list this year (unless I were to count Sacred Ibis & Richardson's Canada Goose) so that seems to have stultified at 420
Best self-finds of 2012 included:
Caspian Tern
Honey Buzzard
Baird's Sandpiper
Fea's Petrel
Sabine's Gull

Favourite birds of 2012? Hmmmm..... Has to be the Turtle Doves that bred in our garden hedges for the fifth year!


No comments: