Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 5 January 2018

Another day of office birding...

I've just about lost patience with this current cold: I had a bout just before Christmas and this dose started around Boxing Day: a fortnight later and I'm still as weak as a kitten and too chesty to risk an hour or two in the field. However, this has been a golden opportunity to work on my latest book, so I've spent a good long period in front of the computer and am pretty pleased with the couple of chapters that have resulted.

Given the inclement weather and the amount of food Linda puts out every day, it's perhaps not surprising that the garden has been full of birds: three Jays, Sparrowhawk, Marsh Harrier, the usual Partridges and Pheasants, Coal, Blue, Long-tailed and Great Tits and best of all today - a Hawfinch at the top of the sycamore. Not many photos to post, mainly because I've been too busy typing, but also because I clicked away at the Hawfinch with the camera set up to photograph the Moon (backlight on 0, 100 ISO) Still: good to see...



No comments: