Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Back on the beat!

A lovely, warm day here in East Norfolk, so I laced up the 'Trespasses' (which, according to my Fitbit, have just notched up 1000 miles since mid-January!) and took a stroll around Strumpshaw, Buckenham and Hassingham.
As you'd expect in June, only the breeders were in evidence, but they included Cuckoo, Garden Warbler, Hobby, Lesser Whitethroat, Bittern and Buzzard (Which yet again was identified as a Marsh Harrier by a group from North London when I pointed it out to them!)  Additionally, there were a few Swallowtails on the wing, as well as Damselflies (I'll let the experts i/d this one!) and a mint-fresh Large Skipper. I also managed a snap-shot of a weasel carrying what looks like a Water Vole.
One of our resident Turtles spent most of the afternoon sunning himself: this evidently got his juices flowing, because he then proceeded to hump a Collared Dove!







No comments: