Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Blowy Buckenham!

In the garden this morning there were over twenty corvids at one point!

A couple of hours at Buckenham was nearly as unproductive as yesterday: the strong, cool winds again keeping everything low. There were a few highlights: good views of a Cuckoo halfway to the windpump, two Egrets over from the other side of the river, the Sedgie still singing from his favoured perch and a Lapwing that swooped down to within inches of my head!

As I drove up from the station this brightly coloured Harrier was quartering the 'Hare Field': its well-marked head put me in mind of a Pallid, but I think it's yet another abberant Marshie....

I have to say: I'd love to know who's reporting some of the birds at Buckenham that appear on BIS: I was there from 10.30 until 12.30 today: there were no other cars or people, apart from an elderly couple with a spaniel.









No comments: