Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 22 July 2013

Build it and they will come!

I've been crusading to have the water levels dropped at Strumpshaw in time for Autumn wader passage: no doubt coincidentally, there is now a good fringe of mud around all the pools! Result? 12 Redshank & 5 Egrets in front of Reception and 50+ Black-tailed Godwits over Tower Hide !

The White Admirals were performing well, as were Brown & Norfolk Hawkers. There were at least a couple of Emperors in front of Reception and a late Swallowtail flying along the railway line, while this 'funny' moulting Buzzard caused me to scratch my head.....

The Mushroom was 42cm across: the biggest I've ever come across, while it was a delight to see the Albion on the Yare at Buckenham. Also at Buck was a Spoonbill and (by the White Cottage) two Green Woodpeckers

Oh! And this is my 300th posting on 'Birds of the Heath'!












No comments: