Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 19 September 2022

Back to the Bronze Age!

It's been a long time since I last visited Stonehenge (Linda never had) so on the way down to Devon we stopped the night at Andover, spending the afternoon exploring not just Stonehenge, but also West Kennet Long Barrow (and Sanctuary) Silbury Hill and Avebury circle and avenue. My favourite was the barrow: it's a truly atmospheric structure on top of a hill close to the ancient Ridgeway. While we were there a couple of really fascinating 'spooky' things happened: ask me about them sometime!















2 comments:

TPM said...

Do tell David, will be there saturday!

CA

David Bryant said...

OK: I'll tell you one strange thing that happened! We were the first visitors of the day and were alone...
As I was photographing Linda inside the chamber, I felt something land on my shoulder: it was a beautiful red rose! I left it on a ledge: perhaps it will be there when you visit!