Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday, 9 October 2026

North Coast sea watch - a Honey saves the day!

With Linda needing the car tomorrow, I thought I'd brave the weather and drive through the pre-dawn rain and darkness to see if any of yesterday's excellent Skuas and Shearwaters would be hanging around. I spent two hours in the shelters at Sheringham with just a few distant Gannets and Red-throated Divers to show for it, so I moved westwards to the Iron Road. Nothing exciting on the sea here, either: a Kinfisher and a bright (but distant) Wheatear were about the best.

A final seawatch at Cley gave very long-range views of a couple of Skuas, lots more Red-throated Divers and a probable Black-throated. An Arctic (?) Tern, several skeins of Brents and literally hundreds of Teal heading west was about it...

At around 09.30 as I was driving home along the Holt Road (just before the Roman Camp Inn), a beautiful pale phase Honey Buzzard flew low overhead: needless to say, by the time I'd found a place to turn the car it had disappeared.





















No comments: