Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 2 July 2015

Leapin' lizards and marvelous Monties! ('Somewhere in Norfolk')

I guess those 'in the loop' knew about these a while back, but it was a great thrill for Martin & me to catch up with these two great rarities (in Norfolk terms, anyway!)

Distantly over a wheat field, we glimpsed a female Montague's Harrier and, a little closer, her mate carrying a food offering: my camera was still set up from previous uses and I messed up most of the images: but you can just about identify the bird...

Another terrific find was this row of Giant Hogweed: all too frequently destroyed in our 'nanny state'.

I took more care over the Lizard Orchid: the first in Norfolk for sixty years and just fifty yards from the car! Astonishing!

Requests from friends for further info considered...











 

 

No comments: