Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Hmmmmmm....

Stuck indoors today, selling meteorites and arranging customer encounters with Apollo astronauts. I was frankly surprised by the degree of hostility generated from a few posters on BF following Martin & my i/d of a small, distant gull at Waxham yesterday. Some people were quite vituperative: others (Sacha / James etc) were more analytical and helpful. In the greater scheme of things, we reckoned we'd seen a Sab's Gull: we've seen around 100 between us and Linda & I have videoed them down to ten feet from the Scillonian, so it's not like we 're making an outrageous claim to add to our 420+ birdlists! But I do have to say: the black primary triangle and greyish mantle are not artifacts: they were obvious in the scope. Common Gull? Herring Gull? If you want, chaps!


My first Norfolk Sabine's, after the '87 hurricane

No comments: