Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Osprey at Strumpshaw Fen!

With a gap in the clouds and this being Brian's 'vol' day at the Fen, we arranged to meet at 7.30 for a walk round. On my way to Fen Hide I scanned the distant horizons and was fortunate (!) enough to add Osprey to this year's Yare Valley list - it was flying from Rockland towards Ranworth about a mile away! Bearing in mind my 'big' lens is still at LCE, I'm amazed the bird can be picked out!

Brian and I walked to Tower Hide, seeing the Great White flopping down into the reeds by 'Accidental Broad' on the way. A couple of dozen Migrant, Southern & Brown Hawkers were tazzing up and down the riverside, as were numbers of pristine Speckled Woods and Red Admirals and a couple of Willow Warblers.

Tower Hide was instantly productive, with three distant Kingfishers, three Little Egrets and the Tern family: a Water Rail was so fast it was almost subliminal!

The Great White flew in to feed, allowing further excellent views of this superb bird. And so home, via the Post Office to send the PDF of my latest book to the printers!















No comments: