Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 4 September 2015

Rain stopped play! Egrets in the murk.....

Not having had a decent walk for a couple of days (and with a busy weekend coming up) I decided to carry on from the Post Office for a look around the Fen.

It was windy and gloomy, but dry, so I decided to start at Tower Hide: just as I approached the sluice, the GWE flew past, so I felt sure I'd add a few shots of this long-staying scarcity to the library.

Before I reached Tower Hide, however, I bumped into Kim: she had just come from the hide and reported that the Egret hadn't arrived and that little else was on the pool. We decided to take a look at Buckenham, and walked east along the river bank. The only bird of note that flew past us was a Little Egret: no sign of the Osprey....

As we reached the pumphouse, it began to spit, so I decided to call it a day, walking back through the woods and then (after reporting in to Reception) going home for lunch and to write a magazine article. Whether it's the cold weather or some other factor, but our feeders are covered with Tits at the moment....
  





No comments: