Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 15 April 2023

Osprey at Ranworth Broad

Finally, being now non-infectious, I made a brief foray to Ranworth Broad to see if I could catch up with the male Osprey that everyone else I know has seen!

On the way through the rond I was pleased to see plenty of Willow Warblers, Chiffchaffs and Song Thrushes, while the Broad itself produced my first Common Terns of the year.

I scanned the Broad from the conservation centre for a while, being joined at around 10am by local birder Tim Oxborough and another pleasant couple: it was they who located the Osprey in a tree near the nest platform: since I'd been scanning the area for half an hour, I assume it must have just dropped in! Although distant, it was good to see, especially when, after taking to the air, it was mobbed by a Buzzard, Red Kite and Marsh Harrier.










No comments: