Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 19 September 2023

The Aurora: a missed chance....

I was briefly up and about at 03.30 this morning (as many gents of my age tend to be) and happened to glance at my PC monitor: it was - as usual - displaying the 'Aurora Watch UK' activity screen. To my amazement, it was lit up red and orange - indication of strong auroral activity. 

I grabbed my camera and went out onto the patio: as you might have predicted, the sky was covered by a veil of thin hazy cloud. Looking to the north, I could, however, see a few stars. I took a couple of long exposures (no tripod, I'm afraid!) at high ISO: you can just make out some green and purplish patches. 

I did try again an hour or so later, but the sky was completely covered by then...



No comments: