Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 5 November 2023

Now and Then...

I've just finished watching last night's incredible documentary about the Beatles, which finished with the video to their last ever release. As you might know, I'm the singer in a rock and blues band: we currently don't have a single Beatles number on our sixty-strong set list. Stones? Lots! Kinks, Hendrix, Cream, Spencer Davis, but no Beatles! How strange! When I reflect on the past, the first proper band I played in (somewhat embarrassingly named 'Crude Oil') was unashamedly Beatles-inspired. We played a lot of their numbers and all our self-penned songs sounded suspiciously Beatlesque!

In the band photo, note that Terry is playing a Hofner Violin bass - just like Paul's! And in the pretentious photo of me in the Sgt. Pepper jacket (we all had one!)  you might make out that I painted coloured circles on my Watkins Rapier - just like George's Strat in Magical Mystery Tour!

I must see if I can persuade my Synergy buddies to do a few Beatles numbers...


No comments: