Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 16 December 2023

Cambridge Institute of Astronomy: two lectures and a panto!

Linda and I spent Friday and Saturday in Cambridge at the invitation of the Cambridge Astronomical Association. On Friday night I was guest speaker, my topic being the connection between cometary impacts and extinction events. There was a terrific crowd who seemed to enjoy the talk, asking lots of challenging questions which - fortunately - I was able to answer!

On Saturday morning I took part in the annual Young Astronomers' Association's Christmas pantomime. I was flattered to be given the starring role as Sherlock Holmes in a crisp production that the 60 or so youngsters (and their parents!) appeared to enjoy. I gave a second talk, this time about meteorites and their origins. A terrific weekend: thanks to all at the CAA.










No comments: