Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 8 May 2024

White Storks at Cley

Just like London buses: years since I last saw a White Stork, then I see four in a couple of days! Brian, Norman and I visited the North Coast, starting at Titchwell where best of the crop was a very obliging Cetti's Warbler. Two silhouetted waders provided a challenge: Turnstone and Common Sandpiper? We moved eastward (via a ridiculous 'detour') to Cley for coffee and cheese scones: while we enjoyed these I spotted a pair of White Storks approaching from the east. Naturally I assumed these were the Ludham pair, especially since one of them had a blue ring on its leg. However, on comparing photos of the rings at home, I realised that the Cley bird's was much thinner...

Walking towards the centre hides I picked up my second 'find' of the day: a somewhat distant Glossy Ibis flying into the North Scrape region. Other good birds included Great and Little Egrets from Bishop's.














No comments: