Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 18 October 2024

Finally! Comet Tsuchinshan

While I was down in East Sussex the skies never cleared at all: it was quite galling to see the photos people were taking back home in Norfolk! Finally, last night however, I connected with the elusive visitor from the Oort Cloud after a futile drive around East Norfolk. I drove to the top of the Heath near the Church, then to Branch Road, Halvergate looking for a break in the clouds before admitting defeat and returning home: to my delight there was a gap in the overcast allowing Linda and me to enjoy great views.

I should add that during my hour at Halvergate there was just enough of a thin area of clear sky in the west to photograph Venus (showing its phase!) and Mercury, while over Gt Yarmouth the day-old full Moon had a couple of rainbow 'sun dogs' for company!















No comments: