Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Photo list update!

Since I started photographing / videoing birds back in 1994, I 've kept a list of the species I've managed to capture - most of which have appeared on this blog. (The exceptions being those that exist only on VHS tape!) I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the total now stands at 83% of my UK list: 370 species. Not all of these are of the highest quality- my original Pentax outfit wasn't up to much! Still, I thoroughly enjoy browsing through the blog (and my various external hard drives!) This is a pleasure denied to those who never take photos and who generally have to rely on their increasingly dimming memories...
 Here are some of my favourite encounters:

Purple Swamphen, Sandhill Crane, Oriental Pratincole, Black-winged Pratincole, Collared Pratincole
Ivory Gull, Franklin's Gull, Laughing Gull, Ross's Gull, Gull-billed Tern, Whiskered Tern
Lesser Short-toed Lark, Spectacled Warbler, Booted Warbler, Paddyfield Warbler, Arctic Warbler, Penduline Tit, Lammergeier, Rufous Bush Chat, Daurian Shrike, Brown Shrike, Turkistan Shrike, Isabelline Shrike.... and not forgetting Nutcracker!











No comments: