Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Stork dip in South Norfolk

Hearing about a White Stork down in Shotesham, I had to wait a couple of hours for Lin to return from bee maintenance before we headed south. By the time we arrived and walked the field margins around the original location, the bird had moved on. Lin's phone had no reception, so we couldn't check RBA: however, just as we were leaving, the pager told us the bird was 'in a field north of the Great Wood'. Unfortunately finding the correct wood proved difficult and searching every nearby field was unproductive: I did find a Small Heath and a Clouded Yellow in a possible Stork location. Punch line: when I got home I found that the Stork had been at the end of the path where I'd photographed the Clouded Yellow! (We also came across a huge colony of Ivy Bees: what charming, non-aggressive little creatures they are)





No comments: