Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 1 May 2016

Fancy meeting you here!

Linda and I collect English porcelain (off and on!) and decided to visit the antiques and collectables fair at Beccles today. We arrived nice and early and spent far too much money not only on porcelain, but on bronze garden ornaments too! As we were walking back to the car, I spotted a familiar face: my favourite bird 'pundit', Richard Millington. It would be reasonable to say that I've know Richard for over thirty years: I first met him way back in the days when Nancy's Café was the place to sit and eat bread pudding and custard. It was RM's fabulously-illustrated 'Twitcher's Diary' that first convinced me to try and see as many birds in the UK as I could. Don't know if you've read it, or how easy it'd be to find a copy these days, but it'd be worth the effort, IMHO!
On the way home, we stopped at Lowestoft Ness: no Black Redstarts, but a few Kittiwakes and a very late Purple Sandpiper. Last good bird was a Hobby over the A12 near Lound...






No comments: