Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 26 May 2016

This is why I love having a garden!

All around East Norfolk, meadows, arable land, marshes and even famous village cricket pitches are being turned into nasty modern estates with no gardens nor even room to hang out a bit of washing. Progress? I hardly think so. Homes for local youngsters to start a family? Not at these prices. These properties will probably end up as additions to the portfolios of asset-stripping property developers from the South East.

Sadly, the people who buy them are unlikely to experience the pleasure I had this afternoon when I looked from the office window to see a Goldcrest bathing in the little cascade on the side of our small pond. Having enjoyed a good splash and a drink, he then flew into the acer tree two feet from my window to shake himself dry.





No comments: