Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 21 May 2017

Publication frustration and some interesting birds in the garden!

I was hoping that the new book would be available to buy this week: there's been a minor hiccup, however, because, out of the blue, the printers decided that my industry standard 300dpi images were too 'high res' for the A5 format! Hopefully this will be resolved today and we can keep to the deadline: I have to say, our editor Bob Tibbitts has done a fabulous lob of setting up the PDF...

While I was struggling with the printing company, occasional birds of interest made me look up: most intriguing was a Buzzard that I've seen recently at Buckenham! He obviously gets about a bit! Over Bond's Lane a pair of Marsh Harriers was displaying last night: the male looks familiar, too!

Also, I'm thinking of starting a 'Birds on my roof' list: this already includes Common, Black-headed and Lesser Black-backed Gulls, four species of thrush, five species of dove/pigeon, four species of tit, five species of corvid, Kestrel, Dunnock, House Sparrow, Starling, Partridge, Pheasant and Peacock: today I added Goldfinch to the previous two species of finch!




No comments: