Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 25 September 2017

Redstart and Pied Flycatcher at Horsey

Linda had booked some tree surgeons to come and manicure the garden, so I sloped off on a solo migrant hunt at Horsey.
Parking at the end of the Nelson's Head track, I walked through to the blue container where I found the only Wheatear of the morning, as well as a few Stonechats, Goldfinches and a Hobby.

The walk eastwards to the pine plantation was uneventful (apart from a peek at the seals from the top of the dunes) and I was thinking of returning to the car when I spotted Tim H huddled down by the fence. He was obviously on to something, so I got down and crawled over to join him. A terrific patch birder, Tim is never that desperate for company, so it was kind of him to whisper that there were a few birds flitting in and out of the conifers. After a wait of perhaps half an hour I got some decent images of  female-type Redstart and Pied Flycatcher: most welcome!









No comments: