Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 18 November 2017

Anniversary dinner!

Tomorrow is Linda and my 23rd anniversary: significant, because we've now been married to each other longer than we were to our first partners!

We decided to share the occasion with our closest friends: Sue and Peter and Penny and Paul. It's always slightly intimidating cooking for Penny, who (notwithstanding the fact that I'm a trained Chef and once ran my own hotel!) is, by a long way, the best cook I know. For this reason I'm cooking a Chinese 'feast' with five separate dishes: the added bonus is that the whole meal is low calorie, apart from the obligatory cheese board!

Peter, of course, knows more about wine than anyone I know, so I'm in between a rock and a hard place! I've chosen some decent 'fizz' with Piquepoul, Chablis and Croze Hermitage to follow.

I've just finished laying the table and am about to start the hoisin 'duck' in pancakes....


No comments: