Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 8 April 2016

Red-necked Grebe at Filby

A small window of opportunity opened this morning, so I popped over to Filby Broad for a look at the long-staying summer plumaged Red-necked Grebe.

I walked out to the boat moorings, the viewing platform and through the woods about a dozen times, before a couple of really nice guys called over that they'd found the target bird distantly against the reeds on the far bank. Hardly the view I was hoping for, but the beautiful colouration was obvious even at distance. A last look from the woods before I left revealed that it had moved out from the reeds, enabling me to get a couple of really bad photos!

Other interesting bits included two Kingfishers, several Siskins, a Sparrowhawk and a vast shoal of Roach in the path-side channel.







No comments: