Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Ibis, Great Egret and Cranes: just like the Mediterranean, but with snow!

After meeting Brian for an almost totally fruitless walk around the Fen, I decided to 'do the loop' from Cantley (no Peregrines) to Halvergate (nothing at all) ending up in Bure Park. By now it was snowing quite heavily, but the Glossy Ibis was still feeding right by the car park (although it did flap off to the pool to get out of the weather at one point!) There were several Fieldfares along the track: in fact, I saw Fieldfares at every site.

I thought I might look for Cranes, so headed north along the Caister by-pass: just as I reached the turn-off for the recycling centre I saw the Great (White) Egret approaching from the south. Pulling over, I had time for a single shot.

Next stop was in the Ludham region. The hedgerows held some nice, confiding Brambling, while a pair of Cranes displayed and trumpeted in the distance. A few wild Swans of both species lurked among the Mutes...












No comments: