Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 26 March 2018

Found it! Petavius and Palitzsch

Some months back I posted a photo I'd taken of the lunar craters Petavius, Palitzsch and the crater-chain that lies next to them. I commented at the time that I'd once done a painting of this curious pair when I was about fourteen or fifteen, using observations from my small telescope. I thought the painting was long-lost, but it turned up in the loft while I was searching for a book. Although it's not of any particular merit, it was painted over fifty years ago, so I've framed it and hung it on the office wall (with a few more of my artistic efforts!)

I've added a few close ups, as well as a photo of me chatting about painting with Astronaut Alan Bean (who is a terrific artist!)



 
 



 

No comments: