Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 24 August 2018

Out of this world! Rocks from the Moon, Mars and Vesta

Some of you may remember that I posted photographs of the asteroid Vesta a few weeks back: as an astronomer, I was absolutely transported to actually see this tiny world at the time. As a meteoriticist, I'm equally excited to have obtained some fabulous slices of material that actually originated on Vesta: I'll display it at my talks and shows alongside the terrific pieces of the Moon and Mars I currently have in stock

I defy anyone to remain unmoved when they are given the opportunity to hold genuine pieces of material that have arrived on Earth from another planet...

A mixed lithology eucrite from the surface of Vesta

A fine slice of Lunar breccia

An amazing endcut of the Tissint Martian meteorite

No comments: