Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 24 May 2021

Rose-coloured Starling in Blofield Heath? Hmmmmm...

Oh the irony! When Linda and I were heading north on our trek around some of Norfolk's parks and gardens, the pager chirped up that a RCS was showing in Blofield Heath. Now I'm not saying I'm completely dubious about this, but our garden is visited daily by up to a hundred or so Starlings, both adult and juvenile. My office windows look out at all the feeding stations, so I can't help but think that if there were a 'Pastor' mooching around the village I might have seen it! I'd be fascinated to hear more details about Saturday's reported sighting: where? By whom? Age?




4 comments:

Louis Parkerson said...

It's definitely the real deal - photos posted on the Norfolk Wildlife FaceBook group.

Adam Pointer said...

Hi hope you are keeping well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/459920964112487/permalink/3882557761848773/
Adam P

David Bryant said...

The only thing I'd say is: why send sketchy details to RBA and to a closed FB group? If the bird was around for a couple of days, you'd think a few people might've seen it. I walked around the village on Saturday and examined every one of the 100+ birds in the garden: no sign...

Adam Pointer said...

Yes from the photos I've seen its pretty conclusive. I only stumbled across it on facebook by accident. I can understand suppressing if it in an inexcusable place but why bother putting anything out!