Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 24 September 2024

Twitch at Titch!

Norman and I spent half a day on the North Coast, starting at a somewhat barren Cley (high water and maintenance work) before moving on to Titchwell. We arrived just as the rain stopped and headed out to the Parrinder Hide for a good search through the Golden Plover flock(s). Every now and again I thought I'd located the American Golden Plover, but there was no-one in the hide with a 'scope to confirm. I was giving directions to Norman when, just as the candidate emerged from behind the other GPs, the whole flock was flushed! Still: looking at the photos, I'm pretty sure I found the target bird...

As we walked back to the centre, we came across the long-staying 'escaped' Black-winged Stilt and a distant Little Stint: both good to see on a somewhat gloomy day. A return to Cley on the way home was unproductive: the cafe was closed!













No comments: