Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 2 March 2015

One hour dash! Buzzards, Kite, thrushes and Mandies on the patch!

I spent the morning giving a talk about rockets to sixty 5 and 6 year-olds, so I was more than happy to grab some fresh air when the snow stopped and the Sun came out!

When I arrived home, I met birding neighbour Peter: he'd just seen a Red Kite flying across the field at the end of our gardens! As I was checking my e-mail, I looked out to see it sail back!

Halvergate bridge produced just a Common Buzzard - far too windy for SEOs - but the large flock of thrushes were still feeding in the horse pasture opposite McDonald's - better light today! A Hare was snuggled down among the cereal near Strumpshaw.

Last stop was Salhouse, where the Mandarins were lurking under overhanging bushes: lovely to see them in the bright sunlight....










No comments: