Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 12 June 2015

Paddyfield Warbler! And a garden tick!

Martin & I were initially having a morning looking for insects, but he had an appointment in Norwich so I walked around the Fen alone. Great views of Hairy and Norfolk Hawkers plus lots of Swallowtails and Scarce Chasers. Two Cuckoos were good to see, as was my first Black-tailed Skimmer of the year....

I'd hardly put the kettle on when Martin dragged me out the front door to 'see' yesterday's Paddyfield Warbler on Blakeney Point. Since I'd already walked four miles this morning, I was less than keen, but Martin was adamant that I'd hate myself if I didn't make the effort.

After an hour's wait in between carefully regulated 'flogs' of the sueda, this lifer for both of us put in half a dozen brief appearances, allowing me to take the most dismal pictures: but I reckon you can tell what is is!

Finally, before the rain started, Linda spotted a Hummingbird Hawkmoth in our garden: too gloomy for decent photos, but most welcome!













 

 

No comments: