Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 8 December 2017

Buckenham: less Beans than Jack the Giant Killer!

My K-3 (or my 300 prime) have been acting up recently: despite cleaning all the internal contacts (carefully!) the autofocus occasionally stops working. This only happens on cold days, so I assumed it might be condensation, and thought I'd do a field test today (it being bitterly cold!) I took my KS-2 / 500mm zoom and the 'temperamental' outfit down to the hide at Buckenham, trying all combinations of camera and lens, in an attempt to isolate the dodgy element. You guessed it: everything worked perfectly....

There were plenty of Wigeon on the fields and pools, but - despite a good search - I failed to locate any wild geese: just lots of Barnacles, Greylags and Canadas. A couple of pairs of Stonechat and several Ruff flying around with the Starling flock were about the best I could manage!





No comments: